AGS is a unique legal services provider set up by government to serve the First Law Officer and the Commonwealth, retaining and developing its corporate legal history. We are the only national legal practice in Australia with offices in every capital city.
AGS's values and client-service ethic reflect our distinctive character. Like you, we are part of government and we serve the national interest.
As your legal services provider we will
- work with you to:
- deliver quality, cost-effective legal services to help you achieve your aims
- manage risk (legal and reputational)
- comply with the obligations under the Legal Services Directions including the model litigant obligations.
- provide lawyers trained in government law:
- with leading experts in dispute resolution, commercial negotiations, advisings and constitutional law.
- follow high professional standards for matter management, including:
- acknowledging and beginning work on instructions as soon as possible after they have been received
- for urgent requests, we provide immediate acknowledgment and action
- in most straightforward cases, we provide a substantive response within a week of receiving instructions
- agreeing time-frames that meet your requirements
- providing regular updates on the progress of your matters.
- help you manage your legal costs by:
- providing outstanding value for money
- offering a range of pricing options
- having open and up-front discussions with you regarding costs and the level of lawyer required for your work
- regularly monitoring costs and reporting to you.
Our lawyers and support staff are committed to providing exceptional client care. We look forward to working with you.
The Australian Government Solicitor