Precedents and guides for government agencies
AGS assists various agencies with the development of guides and model clauses to help them implement Commonwealth policy.
This year a team of AGS lawyers assisted the Department of Innovation, Industry Science and Research in developing the following guides:
- Liability risk assessment guide for FMA Act agencies. Linda Richardson and Grant Follett developed this guide to assist Commonwealth procurement officers to conduct liability risk assessments. The guide’s principal aim is to assist in less complex procurement with small business. However, the issues are shared across all suppliers. The guide includes a risk assessment guide, case studies and a model liability clause.
- Contract with confidence: A guide to contracts for independent contractors. Leah Edwards, Amanda Johnston and Kate Brophy developed this guide and the accompanying fact sheet, including a contract checklist for independent contractors.
- Australian industry participation plan user guide. Kenneth Eagle and Jane Supit finalised this guide and related documentation, which included model clauses for use in tender documentation and contracts.
Kenneth Eagle and Joanna Piva also assisted the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations to develop guidelines and model clauses for inclusion in tender documentation and contracts for implementation of the Fair Work Principles.
Josephine Ziino and Andrew Miles worked with the Department of Finance and Deregulation in the development of a standard Commonwealth National Lease and guidance notes.
AGS has also been active in drafting and advising on a range of tendering, funding and/or contractual documentation for agencies such as:
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority
- Torres Strait Regional Authority
- National Capital Authority
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Commonwealth Grants Commission
- Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts in relation to template agreements for a number of programs
- National Water Commission
- CRS Australia
- Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
- Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency
This is an extract from the 2009–10 AGS annual report