This is a summary of the conditions of employment for AGS employees.
To be eligible to apply for a job with AGS you need to be an Australian citizen and be willing to obtain an Australian Government security clearance.
Terms and conditions of employment
AGS employees are employed under the Public Service Act 1999.
Our terms and conditions of employment are made through our enterprise agreement.
Conditions specific to individual employees are set-out in the offer of employment.
Employee entitlements and benefits
In addition to statutory entitlements, AGS provides a range of benefits to employees:
- superannuation – for CSS, PSS or PSSap members, employer superannuation paid in accordance with relevant superannuation legislation. For ongoing employees who are not members of CSS, PSS or PSSap, employer superannuation contribution of 15.4% of salary. For term or casual employees who are not members of CSS, PSS or PSSap, employer superannuation contribution at the statutory Superannuation Guarantee rate.
- salary packaging for additional superannuation contributions, vehicle-purchase arrangements, car parking, donations to charities and personal mobile devices
- taxable allowance of $300 a year where approved to use personal smartphone or tablet for AGS purposes
- individual performance bonuses for specific classifications of employees
- AGS profitability bonus
- 20 days recreation leave a year (with option to apply for additional, purchased leave)
- 18 days personal leave a year (covers sick and carers leave)
- long service leave of 3 months after 10 years
- 15 weeks maternity and adoption leave (after 12 months continuous service)
- 5 days supporting partner leave and option to use a further 5 days of personal leave to support a partner who gives birth or adopts a child
- unpaid parental leave
- Lawyer Development Program for lawyers with up to 5 years post admission experience
- in-house Continuing Legal Education
- studies assistance
- Christmas closedown – salary paid while offices closed between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Further information on entitlements and benefits are available in the AGS Enterprise Agreement 2012.
Adrienne North 03 9242 1465
Steven Minter 02 9581 7783
National – Graduate employment
Karen Tatz 02 6253 7061